Harmony is hiring for General Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
General Manager is responsible for the oversight of all Administrative and Support functions related to the daily operations of Harmony with the express charge of carrying out all policies and procedures as determined by the Board of Directors. The General Manager represents Harmony to the GLBTS Community and to the broader community, informing the Chorale of all interactions with constituencies.
The General Manager is hired and supervised by members of the Board of Directors or their Designees. This is a part-time, contract position. Travel is required.
- Serves as the first-line public contact for Harmony. Maintains a visible presence in the community and serves as the primary contact for the business of Harmony, supporting the Artistic Director in representing Harmony in non-business matters as well.
- Complies with all by-laws and governing regulations for Harmony and assists the Board in ensuring the members, staff and volunteers are following policies and proscribed practices.
- Leads the organization by example with a sense of humor, humility, kindness and respect.
- Ensures the day-to-day operational needs of the chorus are fulfilled.
- Establishes operating procedures and practices that support the strategy set forth by the Board and enable smooth and efficient operation of the organization.
- Assists and supports the organization with developing and executing marketing and communication strategy and tactics.
- Leads and enables the membership and volunteers to grow the organization and make the organization operationally and financially sustainable.
- Establishes and sustains relationships with all stakeholders: Members, Volunteers, Audience members and Donors.
- Recognizes Donors in a positive and responsive manner that leads to donor satisfaction and growth.
- Ensures that the roster of members and their status is maintained.
- Maintains permanent files of all Harmony business records and transactions, including correspondence, contractual agreements, leases, etc.
- Oversees all administrative activities, including purchasing business supplies, and maintaining records of Harmony-owned goods and materials.
- Initiates and maintains business and community contacts, including Sponsors, Venues, Mailing Lists, Marketing Contacts, etc. Signs contracts on behalf of Harmony, where appropriate, at the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Works closely with the AD and the Board to develop a strong volunteer base.
- Supervises the sale of tickets for all Harmony performances. Organizes and administers box office services.
- Makes regular deposits of receipts from concessions, ticket sales, donations, etc., managing cash flow.
- Coordinates rehearsal, production, meeting and retreat schedules. Arranges meeting space in advance per schedules determined by the AD and the Board of Directors.
- Keeps apprised of committee and Support Member activities.
- Informs the Board of tasks and items that require their action or attention and of any feedback from the Support or Singing members.
- Manages inventory control, following established procedures and filing required reports.
- Attends all Board of Directors meetings as an ex-officio member. Files monthly reports with the Board for regular meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Requires experience as a leader in a non-profit and/or arts organization environment.
A degree with related experience in business or management is ideal.
Fax or E-mail: Terry — (303)807-4098 or Committee – Board@harmonychorale.org with the subject line: Harmony GM job application. Attention: Terry Neal, Board of Directors and Chair of Search & Hire Committee.
Mail: GM Search Committee
Harmony Colorado Chorale
Denver, CO 80201
Position open until filled.